Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Progress Report

I know it's been less than two weeks since the Fall resolution post, but I must admit I feel like I'm in a better head-space than the last few months. I chalk that up to taking some time off during those past few weeks, and using the time to get some of the nagging items on my list done.

One thing is certain, never underestimate the power of having a clean house. It will never be perfect, especially as long as we have dogs. They shed a small litter every day, making any vacuuming or swiffering moot after a 12-hour period. But I figure as long as I can keep up with laundry, dishes, and general clutter, I'm good.

From an environmental standpoint, I bought a cloth, mildew-resistant shower liner over the weekend. Lemme tell ya', that baby looks a hell of a lot better than the piece of vinyl that was hanging in there before. Plus, it's washable. Hooray.

On the violin front, I picked up my music for the Living Christmas Tree yesterday. Warren Orchestra rehearsals begin this week for our November concert. I just verified that Jamestown Community Orchestra rehearsals will begin in a month for their November concert. And apparently, there might be another production I will be playing violin in, which will make this Fall my busiest performance schedule since I was a senior in high school. I'm excited and freaked out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cutting to the Scene with the Pixie

Ten years ago, I decided to do one of the most drastic things I had ever done to my hair. I went from a long style (below collarbone) to a p...