Thursday, September 04, 2008

I Resolve...

I posted this on my LJ and thought I'd copy most of it over here. This is what I came up with not long after the "Where Is Julia?" post:

As the first day of classes start for kiddies all around this country, I figured it was a good time to start my own new year.

I want it to be better than where I've been floating all summer and seasons before.

I started by signing up for an exercise class on lunch Mondays and Wednesday starting next week until the end of October. If it goes well, I'm signing up for the second section.

I intend not to drink soda more than once a week. I had it a couple times already this week, so I'm cut off. Unfortunately, this means I'll have to consume vast quantities of espresso drinks Saturday so I can make it through Local Music Showcase '08.

I also plan to cut out the crap, once again, that I've been inflicting on my body. This includes candy bars, pastries, chips, and other assorted evils.

From and food and financial stand-point, I will once again make Matt tell me what he will be happy eating for lunch and dinner so that I can more effectively plan our meals, including buying stuff I can pack for lunch twice a week.

Onto more heady stuff. I plan to read a book a month. I figure this is doable with the life I lead. Books are free at the library. I also have a few at home that I should get through too.

I plan to practice violin at least once a week in addition to the usual practice for Warren, Jamestown, or Living Christmas Tree rehearsal.

I will blog at least four times a week, with two entries being non-picture posts.

I will dedicate at least one night a week to sorting through bills, mail, paperwork and filing/shredding/entering payments online.

I will blah, blah, blah housework. Really? It's all about just keeping up with it, right?

I will do my best to honor date night and make it count, especially when considering that it would be far too easy to sleepwalk through it like any other night of the week.

I will do a better job at saying no and not feeling guilty when I have to say no in order to keep my sanity.

I will keep doing my best at keeping in contact with my friends and family.

I won't worry about that which I have next to no control over (the stability of my job) and keep my eyes and mind open to other possibilities.

1 comment:

battlemaiden said...

You forgot "go to bed each night before 11pm!"

Post a Comment

Cutting to the Scene with the Pixie

Ten years ago, I decided to do one of the most drastic things I had ever done to my hair. I went from a long style (below collarbone) to a p...