Saturday, September 13, 2008

Genius Playlist

Apple released iTunes 8 this past week and with it comes a new feature known as "Genius." For a good explanation of this read this post/article hosted on CNN.

My "Genius" moment happened the day I installed the new version. For my test spin, I decided to pick an older song that melodically was upbeat and rocked a little. And since it's September, I wanted to see how well it would meet the "It's almost Autumn, let's get together some retro WBER stuff" qualifications.

The song: Paul Westerberg's "Dyslexic Heart." The result was crushingly good. I couldn't have picked a better playlist:
  1. Paul Westerberg - Dyslexic Heart
  2. XTC - Mayor of Simpleton
  3. Pavement - Cut Your Hair
  4. Camper Van Beethoven - Take The Skinheads Bowling
  5. The Pixies - Here Comes Your Man
  6. XTC - Senses Working Overtime
  7. Cracker - Teen Angst (What The World Needs Now)
  8. Matthew Sweet - Sick of Myself
  9. Love Spit Love - Am I Wrong
  10. Liz Phair - Never Said
  11. Wilco - Heavy Metal Drummer
  12. Gin Blossoms - Allison Road
  13. World Party - Way Down Now
  14. They Might Be Giants - Don't Let's Start
  15. Fountains Of Wayne - Radiation Vibe
  16. Soul Asylum - Somebody To Shove
  17. Aimee Mann - That's Just What You Are
  18. The Pretenders - Night In My Veins
  19. Catherine Wheel - Crank
  20. The Wallflowers - Sleepwalker
  21. James - Born of Frustration
  22. Siouxsie & The Banshees - Kiss Them For Me
  23. Belly - Feed The Tree
  24. Catherine Wheel - Black Metallic
  25. Cracker - Happy Birthday To Me

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cutting to the Scene with the Pixie

Ten years ago, I decided to do one of the most drastic things I had ever done to my hair. I went from a long style (below collarbone) to a p...