Skip to main content

Genius Playlist

Apple released iTunes 8 this past week and with it comes a new feature known as "Genius." For a good explanation of this read this post/article hosted on CNN.

My "Genius" moment happened the day I installed the new version. For my test spin, I decided to pick an older song that melodically was upbeat and rocked a little. And since it's September, I wanted to see how well it would meet the "It's almost Autumn, let's get together some retro WBER stuff" qualifications.

The song: Paul Westerberg's "Dyslexic Heart." The result was crushingly good. I couldn't have picked a better playlist:
  1. Paul Westerberg - Dyslexic Heart
  2. XTC - Mayor of Simpleton
  3. Pavement - Cut Your Hair
  4. Camper Van Beethoven - Take The Skinheads Bowling
  5. The Pixies - Here Comes Your Man
  6. XTC - Senses Working Overtime
  7. Cracker - Teen Angst (What The World Needs Now)
  8. Matthew Sweet - Sick of Myself
  9. Love Spit Love - Am I Wrong
  10. Liz Phair - Never Said
  11. Wilco - Heavy Metal Drummer
  12. Gin Blossoms - Allison Road
  13. World Party - Way Down Now
  14. They Might Be Giants - Don't Let's Start
  15. Fountains Of Wayne - Radiation Vibe
  16. Soul Asylum - Somebody To Shove
  17. Aimee Mann - That's Just What You Are
  18. The Pretenders - Night In My Veins
  19. Catherine Wheel - Crank
  20. The Wallflowers - Sleepwalker
  21. James - Born of Frustration
  22. Siouxsie & The Banshees - Kiss Them For Me
  23. Belly - Feed The Tree
  24. Catherine Wheel - Black Metallic
  25. Cracker - Happy Birthday To Me

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Away, Away

We're on a mini-vaca in an area where they're experiencing forest fires (thanks asshole arsonist). It's an area that makes Clifton Hill in Niagara Falls, Ontario look rinky dinky. Holy cow. Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg is no joke. Tomorrow we try to escape it and find some peace and nature in the (literally) Smoky Mountains.

Bloggery (a repost)

I wrote this on another site:
Perhaps I'm too old for the reveal-all-confessional type of blogging but reading claw marks lately makes me want to start blogging again to at least expand upon the thoughts I wouldn't otherwise write out in a Facebook post or vague tweet.
A couple of years ago, I took the month of February off from Facebook under the premise that the time I wasn't wasting on Facebook could be channeled into other things. I blogged quite a bit, I read a few books, got out a little, and generally tried to avoid looking at anything on there. It wasn't perfect, by far. A fair amount of friends still use Facebook to communicate about social events and general happenings, so I was out of the loop on all of that, thus defeating part of my goal to be in better touch with hanging out with them. Weird how that shit works.
Ultimately, I think I want more conversation. The introvert in me loves social media because it allows me form a complete thought and reply to wha…

[UPDATED VERSION!] The Trouble With The Electoral College

In light of this week's Presidential election, here's an update on why the Electoral College is awful. Watch the original video after this short update:


[UPDATE] The YouTuber went back and did ANOTHER update to correct himself on some issues. It's also worth watching especially because one part of it reminded me of the awful governing situation we have in New York State that is referred to as "3 men in a room."