Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Is That A Present Under Your Tree?

Since I only bought a couple gifts for Matt for the holidays, I had to think of a way to make presenting them to him fun. My family opens most of their gifts on Christmas Eve, but my aunt and uncle, who we were staying with, open their presents on Christmas morning. My plot was to give Matt one gift on Christmas Eve and sneak his other gift into my relatives' house for Christmas morning.

Everything was running smoothly as the holidays started. As we waited for "Midnight Mass" (at 10pm) to start, I leaned over to Matt and whispered, "Do you think you've been good this year?"

He gave me an odd look, "Uh. Yeah?"

"Because if you have, I bet Santa will leave you something under the tree," I grinned at him.

"Um. I don't know if we can do that in your aunt and uncle's house!!" he whispered back, looking around.

I laughed. A few minutes later, I smiled up at him in that knowing way and whispered again, "Gee, I wonder what he brought you!"

Matt shoots me a cut-it-out look, "We're in church!" I shook my head and laughed again. After we got back, I snuck the second present into the house and stuck it behind the Christmas tree while Matt was in the bathroom.

Christmas morning we drank hot chocolate and watched my extended family open their gifts to each other. As the mound of paper was crunched into balls and put in a plastic bag, I turned to Matt and said, "I wonder if Santa left you something behind the tree."

"What are you talking about??" he asked with a genuinely confused tone in his voice.

"Why don't you go see if there's something behind the tree for you," I answered.

He gave me that look again, "What do you mean? What is there a present for me?"

I sighed, "Uh.. yeah! Maybe there is ONE BEHIND THE TREE."

"Well, what? Are ya' going to make me get up and get my own present?" he asked exasperatedly.

Sighing, I got up and plucked the box from behind the tree. My uncle said as I walked by, "Heh heh. Looks like a Guitar Hero box."

Matt ripped off the paper and exclaimed, "That's because it is Guitar Hero!"

He was truly surprised, but happy. It really made my holiday for me, too. I still laugh every time I think of my innocent whispers being turned into sexual innuendos in Matt's head.

3 comments:

Kevin_H said...

When your home becomes like that episode of South Park you'll only have yourself to blame :P

Just don't let him come home with a copy of 'Heroin Hero'...lmao

NickDean said...

Guitar HERO!

Anonymous said...

You're such a tease......He's a guy! Of COURSE he's going to think it was something sexual! Sheesh! ;-)

Post a Comment

Cutting to the Scene with the Pixie

Ten years ago, I decided to do one of the most drastic things I had ever done to my hair. I went from a long style (below collarbone) to a p...