Wednesday, December 26, 2007

End of Year Meme - 2007

Did you keep your New Years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?

I almost unconsciously made a resolution to create new comfort zones for myself in terms of my personal talents. Looking back over the past year, I'd say I did pretty well in trying not to wuss out too much.

Did anyone close to you give birth?


No babies this year.

Did anyone close to you die?

More than several community people and some family members too.

What countries did you visit?

We went to Canada in July with the SMA Con II group.

What would you like to have in 2008 that you lacked in 2007?

A painted dining room. That's the next project now that the living room is done.

What was your biggest achievement of the year?

Willingly playing my violin in public.

What was your biggest failure?

Some violations of trust.

What was the best thing you bought?

I didn't buy it, but Matt replaced my iPod.

Whose behavior merited celebration?

Matt. For putting up with me.

Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?


George W. Bush. Until he is out of office I think his name will remain on this list.

Where did most of your money go?

National Fuel. Fooking, fuel bastards!!!

What did you get really excited about?

Local Music Showcase Weekend in September, actually.

What song will always remind you of 2007?

Morphine - "Whisper"

Compared to this time last year, are you:
Happier or sadder?


I'm at a more even keel. I'm doing okay.

Thinner or fatter?

Thinner! I think something like 10 pounds thinner.

Richer or poorer?

Poorer.

What do you wish you'd done more of?

Paid off more of my debt and read more (same as 2006)

What do you wish you'd done less of?

I wish I hadn't retreated into "my world" as much at times when I shouldn't have.

How will you be spending Christmas?

I spent it with all my family.

Did you fall in love in 2007?

In a way... I made some new friends who I now love very much.

How many one-night stands?

None!

What was your favorite TV program?

What's tv? I'm still a news junkie.

Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?

Not really.

What was the best book you read?

Did I read this last year? Oh yeah.. I did. The Perks of Being A Wallflower wins. Depressing in some ways, but awesome.

What was your greatest musical discovery?

Camera Obscura. Another, "Where the hell was I??" in terms of discovering this band since they haven't had anything new since 2006.

What did you want and get?

An 80GB iPod and My So-Called Life: The Complete Series

What did you want and not get?

A more secure feeling where my job is concerned (thank you NYS for dragging your feet)

What were your favorite films of this year?

Control, Enchanted, & Stardust

What did you do on your birthday?

I worked and went to a rehearsal with the Jamestown Community Orchestra

How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2007?

Cleavage?

What kept you sane?

My husband.

Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?

Jon Stewart

What political issue stirred you the most?

Probably the local mayoral race

Who did you miss?

Free time.

Who was the best new person you met?

Mr. Social. Even though I've known him for 5 years, I didn't really get to know him until this year.

Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2007:

Take chances, including taking the chance in believing in yourself. You might surprise yourself.

Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:

She's reformed.
Just like the neighbor's girl.
She's coming home
Into her wonder-world.
She's moving fast.
She's a superstar.
She's getting high.
She covers up her scars.

It's the best thing she's ever had.


Ivy - "The Best Thing"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cutting to the Scene with the Pixie

Ten years ago, I decided to do one of the most drastic things I had ever done to my hair. I went from a long style (below collarbone) to a p...