Tuesday, October 09, 2007

R.I.P. - Anthony Teresi


Our county lost a great public servant this morning. Tony Teresi passed away following an illness. I don't have the complete list of everything he had done during his lifetime, but I know he was a County Legislator for several years, a member of the Parks Commission, a member of the Airport Commission, a World War II vet and a Marine; a Grandfather, Father, and Husband.

I was lucky enough to work with Tony when I was a county employee and get to know him on a more personal basis. Matt and I knew that if we ever wanted homegrown tomatoes that Tony would set aside a few for us from his garden. He was reserved and didn't like to speak up that often, but when he did he always had something good to say.

We'll miss you Tony.



Addendum:

Jamestown Post Journal: Anthony Teresi Dead At 84

Visiting Hours - 2-4 and 7-9, Thursday, October 11th at the Migliore Funeral Home on East Fourth Street, Jamestown, NY

Funeral - 10 AM, Friday, October 12th at St. James Church, Jamestown, NY

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cutting to the Scene with the Pixie

Ten years ago, I decided to do one of the most drastic things I had ever done to my hair. I went from a long style (below collarbone) to a p...