I was tagged by Galoot (unless he knows of another Julia) on this one.
Pick seven songs that you've been listening to and tag seven friends to share. I tend to not listen to a lot of songs repeatedly due to the wonder of shuffling over 4,000 songs on my iPod. Here are my picks:
1. "Someone To Love" by Fountains Of Wayne - The new single off FOW's recently released Traffic & Weater. It's catchy and caused me to car-dance, much to Matt's annoyance, the first time I blasted it on our way to work.
2. "+81" by Deerhoof - I could listen to the marching band intro over and over again. It's a crunchy song that catches you by surprise. At times I feel like I'm listening to a garage band. Sometimes it seems to evoke video game bleeps and bloops. Then the chorus of "choo choo cho"? I can't tell, but it makes me think of my English AP teacher. Great modern prog rock-ish song.
3. "The Fallen" by Franz Ferdinand - Damned, catchy song with killer lyrics. Plus it mentions Tesco. It's a song that feels smarter than everything around it musically. I keep reaching for the repeat button every time this comes on.
4. "Goodnight & Go" by Imogen Heap - A twinkling song with some curious vocal slides.
5. "Black, Black Heart" by David Usher - The only song I like by him. There's at least 3 different versions of it, and my favorite is the one on his myspace page. Dark, brooding stuff that suits early spring weather.
6. "She Doesn't Get It" by The Format - I first heard this song sometime in November. It stuck with me. I like the line "She doesn't get it, It's all before she's born." Something about turning 30 and the stuff from when you were a kid isn't even a memory for the truly young and hip.
7. "Least Complicated" by Indigo Girls - I forgot about this song for awhile, and then remembered to put some Indigo Girls into my iPod rotation. It's an easy song to sing along with, so I do.
Tag: Matt H., Courtney, Stenz, Matt F., Kevin H., Heidi, & Lynn
Guilty Pleasure of the Week: "Because of You" by Ne-Yo. I've overdosed on this song and lost almost all respect from my husband for my obsessiveness about this pop rendering.
We're on a mini-vaca in an area where they're experiencing forest fires (thanks asshole arsonist). It's an area that makes Clift...
In light of this week's Presidential election, here's an update on why the Electoral College is awful. Watch the original video afte...