Friday, December 29, 2006

The 2006 End of the Year Meme

Did you keep your New Years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?

As with most years, I didn't have anything specific that I planned to do other than find a new job. I'd say I was more than successful at that!

Did anyone close to you give birth?


Yes, I had at least four friends who had babies this year.

Did anyone close to you die?

Thank God... no.

What countries did you visit?

I'm very disappointed in myself since I didn't even make it to Canada this year.

What would you like to have in 2007 that you lacked in 2006?

Painted walls in our house. It's something we've needed to do since we moved in!

What was your biggest achievement of the year?

Overcoming my fear of going on the radio live for the first time since 2001. I know, weird eh?

What was your biggest failure?

Being way to paranoid about everything and anything

What was the best thing you bought?

Our new-to-us car (2003 Toyota Corolla)

Whose behavior merited celebration?

Matt. For putting up with me.

Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?


George W. Bush. Until he is out of office I think his name will remain on this list.

Where did most of your money go?

Fixing our garage so that the back corner didn't collapse.

What did you get really excited about?

Going to Indiana to see our friends.

What song will always remind you of 2006?

Justin Timberlake "Sexyback"

Compared to this time last year, are you:
Happier or sadder?


I'm trying to remember this time of year last year. I think I'm happier since I had to deal with the first Christmas/New Year's without my grandma last year.

Thinner or fatter?

I'm probably the same, but I did lose weight over the holidays!!

Richer or poorer?

A little richer salary wise

What do you wish you'd done more of?

Paid off more of my debt and read more

What do you wish you'd done less of?

Wasting energy getting paranoid about meaningless stuff

How will you be spending Christmas?

I spent it with all kinds of family, new and old.

Did you fall in love in 2006?

In a way... I made some new friends who I now love very much.

How many one-night stands?

None!

What was your favorite TV program?

I hardly watched tv this past year, but I did see WIVB's newscast almost every day

Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?

There's a couple people I developed some disliking toward even though I wouldn't say I hate them.

What was the best book you read?

The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova

What was your greatest musical discovery?

The Format. I knew of them back in 2003, but wasn't so impressed with their first album. Their new album completely blew me away.

What did you want and get?

The 10th Anniversary editions of Clerks and Mallrats (THANKS SEAN!!!!)

What did you want and not get?

The dvd for the movie Amelie, but since that's easily remedied I'll say that I wish we had impeached Bush.

What were your favorite films of this year?

Clerks II, An Inconvenient Truth, The Holiday.... I'm sure I saw more but I honestly can't remember what they are.

What did you do on your birthday?

I played in a concert with the Jamestown Community Orchestra, and then had dinner with my parents and in-laws at our house. The night before, we had 2o-some people over for a big party.

How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2006?

It got a little sassier after August

What kept you sane?

My husband.

Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?

Jude Law despite his philandering ways

What political issue stirred you the most?

The total ineptness of George W. Bush. I'll always take issue with his sorry arse.

Who did you miss?

My grandma and my friends who live far away.

Who was the best new person you met?

Lynn. She's like a sister to me and generally has a clear head about stuff.

Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2006:

It's up to you to succeed. No one is going to do it for you, so you better get working at whatever you want to have happen.

Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:

"you, you think it's cool to be crazy
i say 'you want risks? take risks.'
there's no point in taking chances

and me, i wouldn't call it a sophomore slump
no i'd say i’m one step closer to bein' just where i want to be...

...it's no sense in complaining
if it doesn't change our minds
well take me by the hand let's compromise"

The Format - The Compromise

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cutting to the Scene with the Pixie

Ten years ago, I decided to do one of the most drastic things I had ever done to my hair. I went from a long style (below collarbone) to a p...