Saturday, November 26, 2005

Thanksgiving 2005

Matt and I survived the first Thanksgiving at our new house. The final guest total came to 21 people, with a few change-ups the day of the feast.

It was good to see everyone and the food that everyone brought was great. There was a moment of panic when my dad informed me there was hardly any breast meat on the 21.95 lb turkey I cooked. We breathed a sigh of relief when we realized the turkey was just oddly shaped and the breast meat was hidden some other place on the bird. But even if the turkey had lacked the proper amount of meat, my sister-in-law, Sue, had brought half a cooked ham for the non-turkey lovers (my father-in-law).

Here are the rest of the holiday pictures.

Another happy moment included the fact that the entire kitchen is now painted. There are a few minor touch ups, and the curtains need to be hung, but it's a relief to finally have one room completed in our house.

And the predictions of 1 to 2 feet of lake effect snow led to more people coming up Wednesday night, but then they all took off before meal #2 (turkey sandwiches) on Thanksgiving Day. My parents left yesterday right after dinner so they could get home to continue packing for their Carribean cruise that leaves on Sunday. The rough weather on Thursday meant the family had to forgo our traditional post-dinner walk to avoid the effects of tryptophan. I didn't completely collapse from exhaustion until last night while watching tv in the recliner.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, nice kitchen! Love those polished nickel cup pulls.

Happy Holidays!

Post a Comment

Cutting to the Scene with the Pixie

Ten years ago, I decided to do one of the most drastic things I had ever done to my hair. I went from a long style (below collarbone) to a p...