Wednesday, December 22, 2004

Warming Up To The Holidays

I'm not the biggest fan of the Christmas holiday season. It's a nice time of year, but I suppose that getting older has contributed to the loss of enthusiasm for all the holiday cheer. Regardless, I wrapped presents last night and started making my multiple batches of peanut brittle. The first batch is going to my new co-workers, the next five or six batches will go to my relatives. Tomorrow is the office holiday pot luck, so I whipped up my sister-in-law's taco dip recipe. I even dropped off a present at the post office today. What's missing? The tree. No tree this year. All my poor ornaments, left to sit in their boxes in a dark closet for another year. Unless by some miracle Matt puts up the tree. It's a fake one, so time isn't of the essence here. So Happy Holiday's y'all. Enjoy it with some friends and family.

3 comments:

Robert said...

Okay -- I'll bite: so, why no tree this year?

Julia said...

No energy or time. My 40-45 minute commute (which can easily become an hour long depending on weather) has had a tiring effect on me and, thus, only what needs to get done around the house is handled in the evenings. A christmas tree is just another chore right now. Plus, with the way Buddy treated my peanut brittle, I'm not sure putting up a tree is the best of ideas!

Matt said...

The big part that Julia is leaving out is that no one really comes to our house during the holdiays. We always end up visiting her family and my family and go out with our friends. We travel to Buffalo and stay over to Christmas Day, then we swing over to my brother's house in the boonies before coming home late Christmas Day. Then it's back over the my parents' house the day after Christmas for some more family stuff. If the festivities moved to our place, it would be different. When we're both working a hundred hours a week and it comes down to putting up a tree just for the two of us, we skipped this year.

Post a Comment

Away, Away

We're on a mini-vaca in an area where they're experiencing forest fires (thanks asshole arsonist). It's an area that makes Clift...