Thursday, August 28, 2003

Executive Fun

As part of my job I attend a lot of meetings on behalf of my boss. Last night was the full County Legislature meeting and it included an executive session. To translate the government speak: an executive session is when a legislative body connducting a meeting goes into a closed door session where the public is not allowed. This usually happens where there's matters involving litigation or personnel. It applies to other areas, but I'm not going to get that detailed. Visit this site pretaining to open meetings laws for further details.

I am sometimes privileged to sit in on these sessions, but I usually prefer not to as per my former radio news reporter days. I'm very happy I was not part of the session last night. We had a rip-roaring time in the Legislative offices that was fueled by a fresh pot of coffee. The dialogue was non-stop and often frantic, hysterical, incredulous, and plain comical. The topics rans the gamut from the California recall effort to when the bomb was dropped on Hiroshima. You had to be there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cutting to the Scene with the Pixie

Ten years ago, I decided to do one of the most drastic things I had ever done to my hair. I went from a long style (below collarbone) to a p...