Thursday, August 28, 2003

Oh.... My....

When I saw this review for Jesus Christ, Vampire Hunter I fervently wished I could be in Rochester Saturday night to view this possible masterpiece. The review is what convinced me that this is possibly the greatest thing to happen to the Dryden Theatre all year. I'll reserve total judgement until I see the movie. That said, I encourage everyone and anyone to go view this film for me. Details copied from the Eastman House page below:

Saturday, 8 p.m.
Rochester Premiere!

JESUS CHRIST VAMPIRE HUNTER (Lee Demarbre, Canada 2001, 85 min.) The second coming is upon us, and Jesus has returned to Earth for Judgment Day. But first, he has to contend with an army of bloodsuckers that can walk in the daylight. Combining kung fu with biblical prophecies, mythological horrors, Mexican wrestling, and a liberal dose of humor, the film also manages to address contemporary sexual politics. Did we even mention that it’s also a musical?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cutting to the Scene with the Pixie

Ten years ago, I decided to do one of the most drastic things I had ever done to my hair. I went from a long style (below collarbone) to a p...