Monday, June 30, 2003

A Little Wedding

The wedding this past weekend was very nice. I'd say everything went off without a hitch, although there was one hitch involved, wink wink. I was fairly surprised to find out that duck isn't so bad meal-wise. It was smokey, but not greasy. I had to keep shoving thoughts of all those cute mallard ducks out of my head.

The wedding was slightly untraditional in that there was no dancing or the usual shenanigans of tossing bouquets and all that somewhat silly stuff. If it was nearly possible, I'd like my wedding to be like that but we all know that's impossible. Plus, Karen mentioned she was looking forward to my wedding since she'd get to see all the relatives she wasn't able to invite to hers. Funny how it all works out.

The alcohol was plenty, as proven by my aunt, uncle, and parents in their various stages of inebriation. I had to smile a little at the whole situation, but felt bad for my mom who apparently cannot hold her liquor in her advancing years. Matt and I became designated drivers to a degree. Good times despite that. I got to meet some cool people including my cousin Bill's partner, Bob, who he's been with for eleven years. I also met Kelly-Jo, a sort of cousin by marriage, and the only other person my age at the wedding. We talked about work and bemoaned the fact that comp hours are really good for naught when it comes to overtime.

Seeing Karen was very nice. Her husband seems like a good egg, even though I didn't get a chance to talk to either one very much. I'd say a successful event and trip all in all. Now I have to set down and be earnest about writing emails to all the people whose emails I acquired this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cutting to the Scene with the Pixie

Ten years ago, I decided to do one of the most drastic things I had ever done to my hair. I went from a long style (below collarbone) to a p...