Monday, June 30, 2003

Preparing for News

ABC News inadvertently had a lot of people in the Washington DC area thinking that former President Ronald Reagan had died last week during a news drill. What the general public doesn't know is that most news organizations already have obituaries and news footage put together in the event that some public figure, whether political, entertainment, or any other well-known individual, dies. So when the news breaks, a complete story can be put on the air. Even at the small market radio station I worked at we had some files together for a couple local figures. It's a bit morbid, but it's what the public expects to a degree.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cutting to the Scene with the Pixie

Ten years ago, I decided to do one of the most drastic things I had ever done to my hair. I went from a long style (below collarbone) to a p...