Wednesday, February 12, 2003

A Small Voice of Reason

My dad sent me an email today that made me feel a whole lot better about the church/wedding issue. He basically said that my mom is just trying to do things that she didn't get to do when they got married and while he knows I'm aware of what she would like, and he would like to a degree, that I should do what I want. That's more or less what he said. He did put in his plug for a non-civil ceremony, so I reassured him (I hope), but telling him that we were going to meet with the Lutheran Pastor, but we're also going to try to arrange a meeting with the Reverand at the Unitarian Church as well. To bolster my position, I sent him a picture of the Unitarian Church along with a link to their ceremony outline so he could see that it would be more than just a civil ceremony. Matt said a few days ago that this is probably how my dad felt about the whole situation. Boy am I glad he was right!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cutting to the Scene with the Pixie

Ten years ago, I decided to do one of the most drastic things I had ever done to my hair. I went from a long style (below collarbone) to a p...