Friday, November 22, 2002

What Happens When The Media Lies or Misconstrues

I'm sure just about every literate-citizen of the U.S.A. heard or read at sometime the criticism of Al Gore for claiming he "invented the Internet." Turns out, the media twisted or left out words at various times when quoting the former-Vice President. This site does a pretty good job at explaining how Al really didn't lie to us. It seriously makes me question the integrity of most of our media outlets. People wonder why I hold our local newspaper/talk show hosts in such disdain. It's lack of research and frequent research like this. There are days you will find me very happy not to be connected to the media. Most other days, I just wish I could be helping turn the tide of mediocrity.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cutting to the Scene with the Pixie

Ten years ago, I decided to do one of the most drastic things I had ever done to my hair. I went from a long style (below collarbone) to a p...