Thursday, October 24, 2002

My little girl...Drive anywhere...Do what you want...I don't care

I've been listening to one my latest music acquistions, some compilation of stuff by Depeche Mode, as I'm driving around. I have a fairly good memory and was being whisked away to the early 1990's as "Enjoy the Silence" and "Personal Jesus" reverberated throughout my car. I tag on some sort of an association with most music I listen to in terms of where I was when that song came out, how it related to my life, or a mood it created. DM was always more about mood than lyrics or time and place. I think a lot of their songs represented what I thought sex was all about in terms of David Gahan's voice. His voice has a smooth, dark, deep quality to it that just pushes buttons. His voice represents the sort of guy you'd love to date or run off with but you know your parents would totally be against you having any contact with him. I'm not referring to any of Gahan's personal troubles here.. I'm just talking about his voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cutting to the Scene with the Pixie

Ten years ago, I decided to do one of the most drastic things I had ever done to my hair. I went from a long style (below collarbone) to a p...