Monday, October 21, 2002


Chick Book Shopaholic Incident

Gah! In a quick lunch hour moment, I spent nearly $40 on various chick books and a sorta chick-book mystery series I love. My one comfort is that I didn't pay full price for anything and the prices I did pay could not be matched if I was physically in a bookstore. Blame the trip to Orlando on this latest spree. While waiting in the Orlando airport for our flight, I bought Confessions of a Shopaholic. I quickly read this book while waiting at the airport and then on our subsequent flight to Chicago. While waiting for our connecting flight to Buffalo, I bought Good In Bed, which I flew through on Friday and Saturday. I occassionally go through these huge spurts of reading, whether it's mysteries, various novels by specific authors, or chick books. The latter is usually an easy read, funny, and something I can related to in bits. Sure it's the lazy way out when it comes to literature. I really should be concentrating on making more headway in Infinite Jest, but I got logjammed somewhere after page 50 and haven't been able to bring myself to pick it up. Guess I just need casual reads after long days at work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cutting to the Scene with the Pixie

Ten years ago, I decided to do one of the most drastic things I had ever done to my hair. I went from a long style (below collarbone) to a p...