Wednesday, October 09, 2002


Achtung, Baby! It's October

It didn't totally feel like Autumn until Monday and Tuesday when I thought to pop in U2's Achtung, Baby while driving around to work and various other places. Something about that album and this time of year. It fits. It would fit even more if it was accompanied by brisk winds, rain and thunder. I'm slightly envious of a friend's recent "date" with a rainstorm where he stood outside and got soaking wet as the thunder crashed around him. Even though I'm not a big fan of being cold and wet, there were moments where it just seemed appropriate to be assaulted by wind and rain. My friends and I used to hang out at the Irondequoit Bay Pier a lot when it was stormy outside. It was like we were either trying to channel the natural power of the storm or help contribute to it through our mess of hormones and unexpended energy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cutting to the Scene with the Pixie

Ten years ago, I decided to do one of the most drastic things I had ever done to my hair. I went from a long style (below collarbone) to a p...