Monday, August 05, 2002


A Statement on My Green Thumb?

At various points today, at least three men have commented on my care of my Jade plant on top of my filing cabinet. The first was my boss, who said, "You need to water that plant! Probably fertilize it as well." The next came from our Commissioner of Social Services, "I think your plant needs to be watered." And the final comment was from the Deputy Director of Social Services: "That soil has a very compost texture to it." I'm convinced either I'm clueless about plants or my mom is channeling her thoughts all the way from England (where she and my dad are on a cruise) in an effort to rescue my Jade plant. Excuse me while I go get some water for the poor, withered thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cutting to the Scene with the Pixie

Ten years ago, I decided to do one of the most drastic things I had ever done to my hair. I went from a long style (below collarbone) to a p...