Saturday, June 01, 2002


Treating Our Teenagers Like Babies

I don't usually pay attention to anything Fox News has to say, but this article on how we infantilized teenagers by Glenn Reynolds made sense. I could see this happening when I was in high school. Fortunately, my parents did have expectations that I would behave like an adult. Well, maybe it was that "iron fist" in an attempt to keep me innocent, but not unruly. But it used to truly irritate me at the lack of respect and maturity that some of my classmates above and below me exhibited. At times it was amusing, but for the most part irritating.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cutting to the Scene with the Pixie

Ten years ago, I decided to do one of the most drastic things I had ever done to my hair. I went from a long style (below collarbone) to a p...