Monday, February 04, 2002


White and Wooly

We've got quite a snowstorm going on outside. When I went to bed last night there was hardly any snow on the ground. This morning there was at least 2 inches. I suppose about 4 more has fallen if not more since then. Good news for the snow lovers. Me.. I was happy without. However, if we're going to get snow, we may as well get a hell of a lot of it and all at once. You have to appreciate a good storm *nods*

Upcoming Festivities

Ok, so this coming weekend is still far away, but not so far away that I can't begin looking forward to it. Matt B. is holding his annual Mardi Gras party. Much wackiness and fun is involved in these shindigs. The first one featured a quickly thrown together band called The Hunky Dories (made up of Matt's brothers Paul & Glenn, Glenn's roommates Nate and John, me, and honorary bandmate Kristen). We actually practiced some songs together earlier in the day so as not to make complete fools of ourselves. There was a nice rousing rendition of "Take Me Home Country Roads" in there even though I've never been a huge John Denver fan. Glenn was debating about whether to come up for this celebration. I have a feeling there will be another musical gathering if he does make the trek from South Carolina.

No Shrimp For You!

On a semi-Mardi Gras note. Matt is home sick with an allergic reaction to shrimp. Now, he didn't actually ingest any shrimp, but we did go to Red Lobster on Saturday and he did eat french fries that were fried in the same oil as the fried shrimp. Uh oh. He's doing ok, but is achey and well... feeling poorly. I can't get over the fact that it's nearly a year to the day that he got sick at last year's Mardi Gras after eating 6 pieces of shrimp. We didn't realize at the time he was allergic to shellfish. Oops.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cutting to the Scene with the Pixie

Ten years ago, I decided to do one of the most drastic things I had ever done to my hair. I went from a long style (below collarbone) to a p...