Monday, February 25, 2002


Heavenly Creatures

An article in USA Weekend about Kate Winslet prompted me to find out more information on the movie Heavenly Creatures. There is a very good site detailing how the movie compares with the real life events. I was fascinated for an hour as I looked through the details. I originally saw this movie on New Year’s day in 1995 with Sean. We both left the movie sort of stunned and washed out. The ending was so horrific even though it supposedly wasn’t as gory as past Peter Jackson films. It’s even more awful that this was something that actually happened in 1954. Despite awfulness of fact, I highly recommend renting this film on video as it has not yet come out on DVD.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cutting to the Scene with the Pixie

Ten years ago, I decided to do one of the most drastic things I had ever done to my hair. I went from a long style (below collarbone) to a p...