Friday, February 22, 2002


And the New Yawker Gets the Gold

I stayed up last night to watch the only part that really interests me when it comes to the Olympics: Women’s Figure Skating. I’ve been following figure skating on a mild basis for quite awhile. You might be surprised that I wasn’t exactly rooting for Michelle Kwan. Not that I have anything against her, but after seeing Sarah Hughes’ performance, you knew nothing could top that. I even got a little choked up at how good it was. Plus, you have to root for the girl from Long Neck (Long Island).

It’s Girl Scout Cookie Time!

For some odd reason, Western New York (excluding Rochester and the Genesee Valley region) sends its precious little Girl Scouts out in the frigid winter weather of January to sell cookies. I think it must be part of the “toughening” process. Perhaps there some secret ritual involved in making small girls freeze in order to become real Girl Scouts in this region. All I know is that I got off easy when I was in Girl Scouts. Our cookie selling time started around October 15th and was done by the beginning of November. Sure it could snow during this time, but nothing like what you get in January and February.

A cool thing about getting Girl Scout cookies now is that it’s like an unexpected gift. I find happiness in being able to consume Thin Mints in the middle of February. Add Lemon Pastry Cremes and Caramel DeLites onto that as well. In moderation of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cutting to the Scene with the Pixie

Ten years ago, I decided to do one of the most drastic things I had ever done to my hair. I went from a long style (below collarbone) to a p...