Friday, January 18, 2002


A Bomb of Sorts

I just found out this afternoon that a friend I had in college (at Baldwin-Wallace) committed suicide this past Tuesday. Needless to say, I was shocked, but how I received the message almost over-shadowed that news. It was from a friend I hadn't spoke to in 2 years. I had forgotten he even had my home phone number. We talked about the fact that it was sad that it takes tragic events like this to bring friends back together. I've had this happen a couple times in my life. The last time it happened, I stuck to my promise to stay in touch with that particular group. I feel another effort coming on to do the same with this group.

The other odd thing about this news is that it's the third time this week that I've gotten in contact (or been contacted) by people I haven't heard from in months or years (6 years for one person). I had also been thinking earlier this week that it had been a long time since anyone I knew had died. I know that's morbid, but I've become accustomed to death more so as I get older. I think I mentioned it before, but it started my senior year in college when 7 people I knew died. You don't come through a period like that and not have it make an impression or condition you somehow. I guess it made me more aware that you could lose family and friends sometimes without warning.

A Lighter Note...

I saw the episode of Ally McBeal this week that featured Jon Bon Jovi. Now, I haven't watched that show in forever. I was an avid fan its first couple of seasons, but by the third season it was getting tired for me. I think I re-tuned in when Ally and Billy were on the brink of an affair, but that might have been season 2.

Anyway, something about Jon Bon Jovi in this episode really kicked off something in me. I mean, for an older guy, he's pretty hot! I wasn't a huge fan of the band in the 80's, but (like most "metal") I've grown to like their stuff. Fortunately, I'm not the only female that's been struck by the "hotness" of Jon. I think I must add Ally back into my viewing schedule for awhile (or until Jon's 8 guest appearances are up). Hm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cutting to the Scene with the Pixie

Ten years ago, I decided to do one of the most drastic things I had ever done to my hair. I went from a long style (below collarbone) to a p...