Saturday, January 19, 2002


She Wants To Party All The Time

I must be referring to someone else in that subject line ;-) No, I do mean me. For some odd reason, there's just a lot of partying going on this weekend. Tonight, Matt and I are going to see his brother, Dave, play his first band gig at Mad Murdocks. I'm not overly excited since I don't like Murdocks, but there's a good buzz about Dave's band so I'm excited about that. Also, Matt promised to buy me lots of cherry cokes and amaretto sours (can't get too drunk). Tomorrow, we have a going away party to attend for the out-going County Democratic Chairwoman. She's moving. That evening, Troy, Melissa, Irys and possibly Sis are coming over for a night of reverie. I have a feeling that Def Leppard, Bon Jovi, and the Red Hot Chili Peppers will be cranked. Nothing like an 80's flashback to liven up a gathering.

My Old Man Loves to Rock

Ok, I don't normally refer to my Dad as "old man," but the phrase fits him. I don't know too many dads of my friends who are into rock and roll like my dad. He was disappointed that I forgot to burn my Def Leppard's greatest hits disc for him at Christmas time. I'm making it up to him by burning a couple other rock discs that I have that he doesn't. My parents are just cool. When Tom Petty came out with Wildflowers, my dad, our friend Steve, and I went to hear him play at the War Memorial (now Blue Cross/Blue Shield Arena) in Rochester. That was an awesome concert. You just had to smile when "You Don't Know How It Feels" started and everyone yelled "Let's roll another joint!" I don't toke, but I think people were a little too sensitive about that lyric. I heard the edited version this morning and cringed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cutting to the Scene with the Pixie

Ten years ago, I decided to do one of the most drastic things I had ever done to my hair. I went from a long style (below collarbone) to a p...