Thursday, January 17, 2002


You Think You Know..

I’m feeling pretty good today. I just pulled out my radio voice on some telemarketer who called me at work. The nerve! You see, I love my radio voice because it makes me sound at least 15 years older than I am and usually earns me more respect from the person on the other end of the phone line. This is a nice ego booster since most of the people I work with are in their 40’s and older. There’s a few 30-somethings, but I’m the youngest person in my building. After I left the radio station and started this job, people I met were surprised by how old (young) I was since they assumed I was middle-aged by the authority and tone of my voice. I don’t pull out “the voice” much now a days since it’s not really my natural speaking voice. Although it’s fun to use it with unsuspecting telemarketers when I’m telling them politely to sod off.

Mother of Pearl!

A friend of mine who joined the army Memorial Day weekend this past year just sent a mass email update to me. Now, I called her when I got her email saying she was joining up and kind of acted like a fool on the phone since I was in shock. I must write back and tell her it was a moment of insanity. I think most of my life can be explained away by bouts of temporary insanity. Thankfully, nothing illegal (I think) has ever happened during these bouts.

It’s Definitely Winter

My co-worker made that comment just a few moments ago. As I look outside, I concur. It’s snowed every day for at least a week now. All of you who live in snow-less (or close to it) locations can bow down at my feet! Just kidding. I’m not into subservience unless you really pissed me off. Matt has experienced that once or twice. One time being this morning when I found out he read an email sent to me last night. I told him he didn’t have to sneak around trying to see what was going on in my life. I would have shown him the email if he had asked. Ah well. Maybe I should put back the password protected thing on my email. Of course that would be saying I didn’t trust him not to read my email again. I have to think about this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cutting to the Scene with the Pixie

Ten years ago, I decided to do one of the most drastic things I had ever done to my hair. I went from a long style (below collarbone) to a p...