Thursday, December 20, 2001


Winter Wonderland

We finally received some snow last night around here. It wasn’t totally feeling like the holidays without the snow. It’s hard to justify curling up under a blanket with countless cups of hot chocolate if it hasn’t snowed. The forecast is for more snow today and tomorrow with a warm-up over the weekend. That could destroy any accumulation we have now, but it’s still possible we’ll have a White Christmas in the end. I’m not holding my breath.

Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell

I’m hoping this Military policy really stands the test. Reason is, I have a friend who entered the military at the end of May who is definitely not straight. I pretty much freaked out when I got the email from her telling everyone to come to her going-away party before she headed off to boot camp. I called her mobile and talked very briefly to make sure I read the email correctly. I think she thought I was off my rocks to be so concerned. She said she was doing it to help with college. In light of everything going on now, I’m wondering if she still thinks she made a good decision. I’m assuming she made it through and whatnot since I haven’t heard from her since. I’m afraid to send her an email that might some how compromise her, but I suppose that’s needless fear.

Lucy-Desi Update

Remember how yesterday I thought there was a longer article about the whole Lucy-Desi/Arts Council controversy? Well, a longer one appeared today in the Buffalo News. Go there for a more complete story.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cutting to the Scene with the Pixie

Ten years ago, I decided to do one of the most drastic things I had ever done to my hair. I went from a long style (below collarbone) to a p...