Monday, December 17, 2001


The Red Cross

I really do believe in the American Red Cross. Without them, countless people would not receive needed blood during operations and whatnot.. plus the other things they do. It's why I feel it's worthwhile to become a blood donor. The thing is this: Once you become a blood donor, you're the Red Cross' Bitch For Life. I mean, seriously, you have to move, change your phone number, or never donate again if you don't want to be harrassed every 56 days (the number of days you have to wait in between donations). Actually, if you don't donate again after 56 days, they keep calling about every week asking you when you'd like to make an appointment. It's like you don't have a choice in the matter. When I was going to college, my parents used to get calls all the time from the R.C. My mom had to impress upon them that I was away at college and to call back in "fill-in-whatever-break-I-would-be-home-for." After I moved here, I thought I was safe. Then I donated blood on Halloween. *smacks self upside head* Well, I might go donate next week if I'm at work the day after Christmas. We'll think about this (if only to get the R. C. off my back for another 56 days).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cutting to the Scene with the Pixie

Ten years ago, I decided to do one of the most drastic things I had ever done to my hair. I went from a long style (below collarbone) to a p...