Friday, November 30, 2001


There Goes The Sun..

For those a little out of the loop, that subject line might not make too much sense. It's a reference to the sad passing of George Harrison. I knew he was ill and there were "widely exaggerated rumours" this past summer that he didn't have too much longer to live, but I was still shocked when I heard it on the radio this morning. For some bizarre reason I did not check the news online like I normally do while eating breakfast. I think I have The Beatles "1" album in my car, so I'm going to have to dig it out and listen while driving home today. Hm. And to think I was merrily singing along with that album last week on the way to work. Another one that won't get to see 64.

No Power Point, No Cry

My power point class was cancelled. I was the only one that signed up. Oh the vicious sadness! Not really. Mark says I may as well do a tutorial on it with our I.S. staff. I dig that a whole lot more. Now I'm scheming what I can do with these next two Saturdays. Part of me would like to stop back home next weekend to catch up with the friends I missed over Thanksgiving. Don't know if that's realistic, but I would definitely take Matt this time if he was up to it. For this weekend, I'd really like to see that exhibit in Buffalo on French Impressionism/French Music at the Albright-Knox Art Gallery. There's also an authentic Irish pub on Franklin Street I'd like to go to. I have a feeling I'd be able to convince Matt to do that at least. Oh the possibilities!!

Record Snow-less Winter

I may not live in Buffalo, but I do take note of the fact that this November was the first ever in its history to not feature snow! That's pretty amazing when you consider that last year was the snowiest November on record for Buffalo. Still nary a snowflake here other than that snowfall we got in October. In fact, we had a quick, wicked storm line run through the county during the noon hour today. It was real still before it hit, but you could see the swirling clouds moving fast. Sheets of rain fell without notice and some thunder grumbled through. Very quick. I just want a white Christmas at this point. Hell be damned with the ski resorts! Oops.. I'm not supposed to say un-tourist minded stuff like that. Shame on me! *heh*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cutting to the Scene with the Pixie

Ten years ago, I decided to do one of the most drastic things I had ever done to my hair. I went from a long style (below collarbone) to a p...