Monday, November 05, 2001


EXERCISE YOUR RIGHTS! VOTE IN ELECTIONS TODAY!!! (TUESDAY)

Ok, so I'm a few minutes away from Tuesday, but I had to get your attention somehow.

I don't care if it's just some "local races," everyone should get out to vote. If you don't know anything about the candidates.. ask someone.. go to the library and read some old newspapers.. go on-line if they have a website. Be observant in general!! I cannot stress how important it is for people to go out and vote. Sure, it's fun to vote for President, but when it comes down to how your life is and where you live.. it's the local elected officials that make the difference. Trust me.. I've been seeing everyday proof of that for over 2 years now.

This will be my first "political" election. The previous two years I've sat up at the radio station, waiting for results to come in. This will be the first year I'll be able to be with the candidates to celebrate or comfort them in their victories/defeats. *grins* For some it might be comforting them in their victories *laughs* Nah.. most of our candidates are really cool and I will be so excited if some of them can pull off a win tomorrow/Tuesday night.

If you don't hear from me in a day or two.. I'm either off celebrating or whatever. I'll try to blog again before heading off for the Finger Lakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cutting to the Scene with the Pixie

Ten years ago, I decided to do one of the most drastic things I had ever done to my hair. I went from a long style (below collarbone) to a p...