Sunday, October 07, 2001


What's that White Stuff Flying Around Outside?

I'm in such denial that it could even be snowing outside. Guaranteed.. it's a light snow, but it's only October 7th!!!!! I mean, if it was later (like around my birthday 10.22) then I could understand, but I cannot think of a time when it snowed before then. Then again, I never lived in the "higher elevations" this far from a major lake. Guess I too used to the warming/cooling effects of the Great Lakes to accept that I'm "inland" now. I should mention that when I woke up this morning the sun was shining brightly and the sky was this beautiful blue. Where did it go????

Serendipity

Matt and I went to see Serendipity on Friday night. It wasn't bad. I was surprised that Matt would go see another "chick flick" with me until he explained that anything that John Cusack is in is generally good ("Except America's Sweethearts because Cusack is such a wuss in that movie").

I should mention that it was quite cool to see the restaurant, Serendipity 3, in the movie. I had read about the place in a book called, Remember Me to Harold Square, when I was a kid. Mind you.. this was in the late 1980's or very '90s. I always thought it would be cool to go there someday. At the moment, I don't have any great plans to go to NYC. I do have to get in gear and start making reservations for our trip to Seneca Lake after elections. I can't wait for that!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cutting to the Scene with the Pixie

Ten years ago, I decided to do one of the most drastic things I had ever done to my hair. I went from a long style (below collarbone) to a p...