Friday, October 19, 2001


A Visit!

My parents are coming up this Sunday to celebrate my birthday (which is on Monday). I'm pretty psyched about it since I haven't seen them since we moved and last night was the first time I've talked with them since moving day. That's what happens when you get busy. Now I just need to find a restaurant for them to take me to. I'm hoping Vullo's is open since I really don't feel like La Heradurra and there's not much else around here in terms of decent restaurants. It's funny, you've got Italian and two Mexican places. That's it for non-American. Even if you go up to Fredonia, it's the same deal although they do have a Greek restaurant (that sorta sucks when compared to the places I've been). Oh well. I still have this dream that Barry and Cory will move to Jamestown from Oregon (where they went from Rochester) and open a sushi place. I can think of at least three people that like sushi here. I'm sure there's more!

Now that we're getting visitors I'm feeling the pressure of getting the house together. They already know it won't look all set up due to the on-going paint job. But now I have more incentive than ever to get clothes washed, dishes done, and somehow get those damn shelves into the built-in bookcases. We painted them and now I think the paint caused a thick enough layer that the bookshelves won't go in. Sounds like sandpaper is in order, right?

Halloween

Only a week and some days away. I used to really look forward to this day as a kid. I still like it but I haven't had time to think about it this year. I'm worried that I won't have time to even celebrate it. I don't necessarily mean in the costume get-up way. There is a certain different-ness about the day. I suppose if you buy into the thinnest veil theory it would make sense. The veil between the living and non-quick is ultra-thin.. and I guess this year that may be heightened by the fact that it's a blue moon. I'll have to check that last part of it, but it certainly sets up the day to be something else. Too bad it's a Wednesday. Not that I want to bring back "old friends" or even acknowledge them if they're around, but it's more the energy of it. Hm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cutting to the Scene with the Pixie

Ten years ago, I decided to do one of the most drastic things I had ever done to my hair. I went from a long style (below collarbone) to a p...