Tuesday, October 16, 2001


Almost One Room Left

One wall in the office remains to be painted. Matt's dad and brother would have painted it, but they ran out of paint. The cool thing is that I feel like things are moving along. I just my house. That's all.

Campaign Hell

Last I checked, I did not have a life. *checks again* Yup. Still no life. Now I know I bitch and whine a lot on here, but truthfully, I have good cause now. After I work a full day and get home around 5:20pm, I have to go to Democratic HQ from 6pm until 9pm. Now that's only Monday through Thursday with early Saturday morning stuff, but you can definately see I have no life. Today I wanted to just leave work and go to Canada. I guess I figured leaving the country sounded like a good way to get away from my responsibilities *grins* Work, itself, got a little more hectic since my co-worker is taking this week and next off to work on the campaign. So he says. Can't be on taxpayer's dole! That leaves me to handle everything in the office. Not fun. I'm trying very hard not to think of everything that I need to get done that just isn't happening at the moment.

A Positive

You can drink while working on campaigns. Beer helps. I had to photocopy the phone lists for all the election districts in Jamestown. Believe me, beer helps. And I'm no alcohol lover by any means. Geez, I can count the number of times I've gotten really drunk on one hand. And I didn't have a hangover after either of those times and I've never thrown up after drinking. What's the point of it?

First Meal

Matt and I had our first dinner in the house. He made soup out of the can. It still counts though since it was the first meal we made on our stove (now fixed!!) and we also ate it in the kitchen at the table. Pretty cool stuff, eh? I'm happy about it. Restaurant food is really getting me down. We need more selections for restaurants!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cutting to the Scene with the Pixie

Ten years ago, I decided to do one of the most drastic things I had ever done to my hair. I went from a long style (below collarbone) to a p...