Tuesday, September 25, 2001


Great Minds?

Yesterday, Jenny and I had the same idea about what to do with this Autumn weather. It's nice to know there's someone out there who likes the same comfy things. Besides my mom that is.

Moving

I will not panic. I won't. Don't Panic. Not working.

Our house is not done. After peeling away the ancient layers of wallpaper we discovered... brown board. That didn't mean much to me.. or Matt, but apparently it's not a good thing. It means the walls upstairs (and downstairs?) were not finished off with dry wall. So now Matt's dad is going to stipple the wall. I guess it's like a concrete wall compound or something. Whatever it is, it will help our walls stay up in place. That's good. Only our bedroom is really stripped of wallpaper. That's bad. The bathroom isn't done and that includes painting and putting up the shower thingy on the stand-alone tub. That's bad. We have to move this weekend. That's bad. We have hardly anything packed due to lack of boxes. That's bad. This week is really busy work-wise. That's bad.

You get my point.

I'm trying to devise an action plan for the remaining days I will have available to me this week. We automatically lose a night of packing on Friday since we're going up to Rochester to see my parents, get a UHAUL and bring stuff back from there (Saturday morning). I'm starting to wish I could just take Monday off. Maybe I will. We'll see what the boss says when I talk to him later this week.

That's my whine and cry for the day *grins*

Incidentally, I thought yesterday was my friend Lori's birthday. Turns out it was September 8th. Don't know where my brain is! I'm still trying to figure out why I thought it was yesterday. That's going to bug me now you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cutting to the Scene with the Pixie

Ten years ago, I decided to do one of the most drastic things I had ever done to my hair. I went from a long style (below collarbone) to a p...