Thursday, September 27, 2001

Accountability

I didn't know what else to call this. I just go my head bit off for not notifying someone a meeting for this morning had been cancelled. I had found out 5 minutes before the beheading that the meeting was off. I'm not even in charge of setting up the meeting, getting together its agenda and making sure there's enough people to have a meeting. On the otherhand, it should be my responsibility. See.. it's a Media Management meeting. Media is my specialty. I worked with them, I wrote news, and I know what makes news. Somehow this responsibility was never given to me (managing the Media Managment meeting). It boggles me. I don't know how to go to the person who is now "in charge" of it to say that I want to take it over, that it should be my responsibility, and etc. Hm.

That's just one of many things I would like to grump about, but I'll leave the others as they are.. for now.

Moving

I'm starting to feel a little better about moving. It looks like most of the painting of essential rooms will be done. Matt took today off to be around when the National Fuel guy comes to turn on the gas, when Sears delivers our stove, and for when the Time Warner guy comes to hook up our cable. Joy and rapture. I hope he's planning on making several trips to the house that include dropping off stuff he can fit in his car so we don't have to worry about it this weekend. (we interrupt this blog to make an edit so as not to piss off Matt. I know that's self-censorship, but it has more to do with keeping the happiness in the relationship more than anything. And since I'm in love, and since Matt really doesn't need more stress piled on, and since I really don't want him to read what I had wrote earlier today it was better that I just edit stuff out. *grins* Dig?)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cutting to the Scene with the Pixie

Ten years ago, I decided to do one of the most drastic things I had ever done to my hair. I went from a long style (below collarbone) to a p...