Tuesday, August 28, 2001


Burn Baby Burn

I think I must start burning cds of tapes I've made. There's a tape I sent to Aaron in college that I liked so much, I almost didn't send it to him (it was a compilation of stuff I really liked to represent what kind of music I liked.. so of course I liked it!). Then there's the tapes I lost in the "meltdown." The "meltdown" was what happened after I had passengers in the back seat of my car who decided to put my container of cassettes in the back window, in direct sunlight, thus melting most of them. I didn't realize what had happened until too late. I still have one compilation I made towards the end of my senior year in high school. It's twisted and sad. I saved in hopes that one day I could recreate it. Unfortunately, it contained a live version of "Debaser" by The Pixies that I doubt I'll ever find since it was on vinyl and was part of the music library at WIRQ (my high school's radio station). A total recreation just doesn't seem likely. I also still need to acquire several cds (Peter Murphy, Allison Moyet, and others).

Home

Only two more work days until I go home. On the docket right now is a coffee night with a friend I haven't seen since high school. Spending Friday with my mom and an early lunch on Sunday with our neighbor Susan. Low-key at the moment. Can't wait to see how much coffee I consume!! I'm also looking forward to the air of Rochester. It really is different. Blame Lake Ontario *grins*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cutting to the Scene with the Pixie

Ten years ago, I decided to do one of the most drastic things I had ever done to my hair. I went from a long style (below collarbone) to a p...