Saturday, January 02, 2021

Binge Living

 I'm super curious about who else didn't binge watch a show last year given that after some thought I realized that I definitely didn't.

While binge watching has been a thing for a while, 2020 magnified that for many who made the effort to stay home. 

I have shows I used to love to watch. Grace & Frankie, The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt, THE CROWN.

I'm behind 2 seasons on the latter, I think the middle one has ended, and I don't know where things are with Grace & Frankie. My friends who love The Crown are aghast and practically clutching their pearls that I haven't watched season 3 yet.

The recommendations for "You MUST watch this!" or "I can't believe you've never watched Downton Abbey!" fall fairly flat with me as my television viewing seems to be limited to the local news and a couple DIY channel shows. Well, and "What We Do In The Shadows." We all have to have our one thing, right?

The one thing I could be accused of binging is books. If it's not too weighty, I'll read up to 2 books a day if I have the time. That said, I only read 67 books in 2020 because I threw in a few heavier books that demanded I take time, re-read sections, re-read them again, and then try to remember everything without going back to re-read a third time. I'd blame pandemic-brain for why I don't recall a lot of those books, but if  you asked me about some saucy plot point in one of my rom-com stories and I'm pretty sure I could relay a fairly decent facsimile. 

What are you binging, whether it's television, music, literature, or something else entirely different?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cutting to the Scene with the Pixie

Ten years ago, I decided to do one of the most drastic things I had ever done to my hair. I went from a long style (below collarbone) to a p...