Sunday, February 02, 2014

Groundhog Day

It's to no surprise, given the two Polar Vortexes that have invaded a good portion of the lower 48 over the past month, that Punxsutawny Phil has predicted six more weeks of winter. Of course, to be contrary, Dunkirk Dave is predicting that warmer days are ahead.

My favorite thing about Groundhog Day is not the prognosticating by rodents but the 1992 movie starring Bill Murray. Here are a series of scenes from the movie (can't imbed video). I learned today that you can live out the movie in the place it was filmed. Woodstock, Illinois is almost 9 hours from Jamestown so that would be a heckuva drive during a time of year that can be truly iffy when it comes to snow and ice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cutting to the Scene with the Pixie

Ten years ago, I decided to do one of the most drastic things I had ever done to my hair. I went from a long style (below collarbone) to a p...