1. What did you do in 2010 that you’d never done before?
I began teaching violin at Infinity Visual & Performing Arts
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Not much of a resolution making sort of person, but I did pinky swear with a few friends that 2011 will be the year we're more positive.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
My cousin, Rachel, had a baby girl in May.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
My Grandfather died October 5th. He had been sick since this summer, but took quite a turn that first weekend of the month. Just by chance I was able to be there in the room with my family when he died. In an odd way, being there helped bring a lot more closure than I've had when other family members have died.
5. What countries did you visit?
Matt and I went to Hamilton, Ontario to see Star Wars In Concert on our 6th wedding anniversary.
6. What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010?
The feeling like I can move forward with things I want to do.
7. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Losing some fear to do the things I want to do.
8. What was your biggest failure?
Still not saying no enough.
9. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I'm still a pretty healthy gal.
10. What was the best thing you bought?
PlayStation 3, which enabled us to "cut the cord" on the upper tiers of cable.
11. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Matt still gets high marks.
12. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
It would not be polite to name names.
13. Where did most of your money go?
Mortgage and house related stuff such as replacing the foundation on the backside of our house, fixing the furnace, and having to get our sewer line roto-rootered twice.
14. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Signing up for a Zumba certification class that will take place in February 2011.
15. What song will always remind you of 2010?
The Temper Trap - Sweet Disposition
16. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? I am happier. I feel more even going into the New Year than last year.
b) thinner or fatter? I think I gained a couple pounds from where I was last year. Hard to say since I KNOW I gained some "holiday weight" over the holidays last year.
c) richer or poorer? Edging toward a little poorer after some hard home maintenance costs over the last year. We're still on course though to try to purchase a car to replace my beloved Toyota Tercel.
17. What do you wish you’d done more of?
I think I should have written more. I had a nice streak going at the beginning of the year, but lost focus. I always wish I had taken more time to read, and that continues. You know it's bad when you have a monthly magazine that you still haven't read and the next issue is probably in the mail today.
18. What do you wish you’d done less of?
I wish I had stressed less.
19. How did you spend Christmas?
We went to Cheektowaga for Christmas Eve dinner with my family. Much to my joyous excitement, Matt gave me my big Christmas gift of tickets to see New Kids On The Block/Backstreet Boys with Ali in Pittsburgh this June. After opening presents, we headed off to Midnight Mass at Queen of Martyrs where the service actually began at 10pm and only lasted 42 minutes. We left Christmas morning after eggs, toast, and copious amounts of coffee to come back to Jamestown for Christmas day with Matt's parents.
20. Did you fall in love in 2010?
I stayed in love.
21. What was your favorite TV program?
Paranormal State, Anthony Bourdain: No Reservations, Psychic Kids, and the news.
22. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
No. I'm not big on hate because it wastes so much energy. There are people who disappoint me, but I don't hate them.
23. What did you want and get?
Some pure joy.
24. What did you want and not get?
That sense that I can change some things in order to be more happy
25. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I worked and later went to the Brick Room for dinner with Matt, TJ Maxx, and then ice cream at The Big Dipper. I turned 34.
26. Who did you miss?
I was sorting Christmas decorations when I came across a box from my grandmother's house that hadn't been opened since she died 5 years ago. When I opened it, all the linens smelled like her house and reminded me of how much I still miss her.
27. Good Things About 2010 (a list)
We're on a mini-vaca in an area where they're experiencing forest fires (thanks asshole arsonist). It's an area that makes Clift...
Some years ago, my friend Jane created a group on Facebook called "Everything Pumpkin Flavored" in honor of all those wonderful pu...
I'm a fan of sites that automatically refresh. It means I don't have to worry I missed something because I hadn't refreshed in t...