I've already put together this holiday season's music mix which is kind of odd and possibly frightening if you know my past aversions to doing anything holiday-ish before Thanksgiving. I chalk it up to sorting through all our Christmas tree ornaments and decorations recently to why this mix came to be.
1. Weezer - We Wish You A Merry Christmas
2. The Three Wise Men (XTC) - Thanks For Christmas
3. Mariah Carey - All I Want For Christmas Is You
4. Snow Patrol - When I Get Home For Christmas
5. The Autumns - She Whispers The Winter Snow
6. Stars - Winter Bones
7. Elk City - Deer Crossing
8. Glasvegas - A Snowflake Fell (And It Felt Like a Kiss)
9. Regina Spektor - 20 Years of Snow
10. Big Bad Voodoo Daddy - Mr. Heatmiser
11. The Format - Holly Jolly Christmas
12. Great Big Sea - Seven Joys Of Mary
13. Pink Martini - A Snow Globe Christmas
Theme this year is Christmas-themed music with some songs that merely mention snow/winter thrown in to round it out. I will mention that this is the first time that beloved/detested Mariah Carey song has found its way onto any holiday mix by me. Have you seen Love Actually? Like love, Christmas IS all around us, or at least that's what all the retail establishments are hoping you believe.
Happy (ridiculously early) Christmas.
Ten years ago, I decided to do one of the most drastic things I had ever done to my hair. I went from a long style (below collarbone) to a p...
The company that owns the Jamestown Post-Journal has decided to join the rest of the crazy Internet world by getting its employees to blog ...
I wrote this on another site: Perhaps I'm too old for the reveal-all-confessional type of blogging but reading claw marks lately ...
I'm hosting an anonymous Blogger today as part of Blog Share. Many thanks to -R- for undertaking this project again even while being p...