Saturday, August 29, 2009

Elvis Costello at Chautauqua

Elvis Costello at Chautauqua Institution. We're sitting southeast of the soundboard with our friends, Lynn and Tiny B.

Highlights of the evening included:

  • Laughing over the lyrics for "Sulphur to Sugarcane":

  • "The women in Poughkeepsie
    Take their clothes off when they're tipsy
    But I hear in Ypsilanti
    They don't wear any panties Once they gargle with the finest champagne"

  • 8-song encore that included "Alison" and "(What's So Funny 'Bout) Peace, Love, & Understanding" which brought me right back to the Jeremy Piven moment in "Singles" where he starts wigging out in the check-out line - "Of course, you may be busy."

  • Running into a consultant/friend from WBWC on our way out who I haven't seen in a year. Totally random and had a nice time getting caught up on the front porch of the Methodist House


Buffalo News: Costello sublime in intimate venue

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cutting to the Scene with the Pixie

Ten years ago, I decided to do one of the most drastic things I had ever done to my hair. I went from a long style (below collarbone) to a p...