Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Buffalo News: Paterson To Cut Empire Zone Tax Breaks

Buffalo News: Paterson To Cut Empire Zone Tax Breaks

Well.

The State Legislature would still have to pass this. Seeing as how the current State Senate is led by an apparently anti-business Republican (Skelos) who hates the Empire Zone program, anything is possible.

Still, leadership should change January 1. I honestly expect the worst unless the business community and others lobby successfully. The people who run the EZ program can't lobby themselves. FYI.

Someone I work with jokingly said the other day, "Last business out of New York State, please turn off the light."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cutting to the Scene with the Pixie

Ten years ago, I decided to do one of the most drastic things I had ever done to my hair. I went from a long style (below collarbone) to a p...