Monday, March 03, 2008

Buried In Papers

As I continue to recover, I decided I wanted to do something around the house that wouldn't require a lot of heavy lifting or exertion this weekend. That meant tackling several mysterious piles of paper I had seen in various corners of our office. Since we had set up my own office downstairs, I had planned to move our files downstairs where I could keep a better eye on our health, house, and financial records. Little did I know what I was going to find.

The stack of papers initially was about a foot high when I set it down on the couch. I later added at least 6 more inches to that pile along with a banker's box full of papers after I scavenged through the office closet. I had a shred pile, a garbage pile, and then the piles for stuff to be filed later on. I found unopened mail that dated back to 2002. 2002!!!! We moved into our house in 2005, which means this unopened mail was packed up and moved from one house to another. It wasn't my mail, of course.

On the plus side, I found a check from NYS for about $26 made out to Matt and a gift certificate he got for his birthday for La Herradurra. He was very appreciative of these finds. I also got most of the stuff filed away. The bad news? There is a whole filing cabinet I have to go through and do the same thing to at some point.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cutting to the Scene with the Pixie

Ten years ago, I decided to do one of the most drastic things I had ever done to my hair. I went from a long style (below collarbone) to a p...