Friday, February 22, 2008

Viral Julia

I'm optimistic in saying that I'm at a turning point with this massive head cold that I've endured this week. I say this with some confidence since my doctor's office told me this morning that I was at the "climax" of the sickness and should start feeling better in three to five days. Wait. I've already had to deal with this for five days. Pauses. Damn.

Much to Matt's frustration, I'm a bad patient. I'll do the things I need to like taking meds, getting my fluids, trying to get adequate sleep, but I don't go down easy. It took about 3 people, including my boss, to convince me that it was a good idea that I stay home and rest nearly every day this week. While I was home, I fretted over the stuff that wasn't getting done like laundry, dishes, grocery shopping, or other various stuff. This is where Matt was a saint and took care of going to Wegmans and cleaning up the kitchen.

It's been hard doing nothing. Then again, I haven't had the energy to do much else other than sit on the couch and stare at my laptop. The idea of putting together a blog post a couple days ago was daunting. I still have crushing pain in my left sinus, but that's manageable compared to the sore throat/coughing/congested head/exhaustion I was feeling.

Regardless of the progress I've made, and I say that lightly, it's looking likely that I'll be out of commission for the weekend which means backing out of some things I planned to do and yet another week where I don't get to see Definitely, Maybe. I think the secret powers that be have conspired to keep me from seeing any chick flicks for the foreseeable future. I curse them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cutting to the Scene with the Pixie

Ten years ago, I decided to do one of the most drastic things I had ever done to my hair. I went from a long style (below collarbone) to a p...