Thursday, December 13, 2007

The Nutcracker

Sunday afternoon I will be at the Reg Lenna Civic Center for the Chautauqua Regional Youth Ballet's annual performance of The Nutcracker.

This year's performance will feature Megan Fairchild and Daniel Ulbricht from the New York City Ballet as the main dancers. Also appearing as "Mother Ginger" is Jamestown's very own, Galoot.

One of first concerts/ballets I ever went to as a child was the Nutcracker. My mom was big on making sure I was well-rounded and had plenty of cultural experiences long before I could fully appreciate them. That being said, The Nutcracker was the perfect introduction into the world of dancing for me. There's a part of me that still wants to say, "Oooooh!" when the Christmas tree suddenly gets taller and taller as Clara drifts into dreamland.

1 comment:

Galoot said...

I'm almost as tall as the tree...

Post a Comment

Cutting to the Scene with the Pixie

Ten years ago, I decided to do one of the most drastic things I had ever done to my hair. I went from a long style (below collarbone) to a p...