Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Small Worlds Equal Memes

Nuts! I thought I was going to get out of doing this meme after reading it on Oh For Fun!, but then I noticed that she was tagged by Jennifer. I've never met Jennifer, but I know the guy she's dating because he used to share an apartment with a friend of mine. Turns out she tagged me and people I know through the Buffalo Blogosphere and WBNY.

Rules: Here are the rules which must be posted on your blog if you are tagged:

1. Link to your tagger and post these rules. My “tagger”: All Things Jennifer

2. Share 7 facts about yourself: some random, some weird.
a. I drum on the steering wheel while driving, and generally don't care if you catch me singing along with whatever is cranked on my car radio

b. My refrigerator is covered with mostly art magnets. I found while traveling that it was cheaper than buying posters and easier to pack whenever I took in an art exhibit

c. Every year I buy at least two to three calendars for our home. One is usually an art calendar, the other something a little more fun (like something by Anne Taintor). I've been doing this since Junior High.

d. I love flan, creme brulee, and tapioca. Something about vanilla custard desserts. I like the way they feel on my tongue.

e. I love black tea (English Breakfast, Salada, etc.) with milk. I'm not so crazy about herbal teas and only stock them at home for my friends who drink them.

f. I have some very set routines in regards to going to bed and waking up. Any deviation, especially in the morning, tends to make me feel off-balance.

g. I used to zone out and "walk" to school in my mind while sitting through 30-minute homilies at church as a kid because I knew it took 15-minutes to get to school and that once I got there in my mind, the sermon would at least be half over. Unfortunately, this has led to me zoning out quite easily whenever listening to a sermon, speech, or anyone droning on at a meeting about nothing.
3. Tag 7 people at the end of your post and list their names (linking to them).

Matt (Because he took a couple days off to play "the game")
Galoot (Because it seems to be one of the ways to get him to post)
Preppy Girl (Every time she does one of these, we find out some pretty neat stuff)
Mr. Social (He needs more memes on his blog. It can't be all art, all the time!)
Ineffablog (Ineffa just needs to get tagged more. Um. That sounds so wrong.)
Heidi (A gentle nudge toward another blog spot before the holiday season takes her away)
Sabrina (Just seeing if she actually still checks in on this blog in between *headdesks* at work)

5 comments:

NickDean said...

Tagged more. Ha.

princess slea said...

happy wednesday. hope my potty post didn't gross you out too bad. fortunately for me, mr. social, pgirl, and galoot all know too well how gross i can be and they love in spite of it (at least that's what i keep telling myself).

Anonymous said...

It's because I haven't updated in a coupla weeks, isn't it?

Yargh....

Julia said...

Princess Slea - Not grossed out. Much.

Sabrina - You know it!

All Things Jennifer said...

Yay for small world and meme's. :)

I actually will now be a co-worker of Oh For Fun! so that will be another person I know in real life too! Woooo hoooo!

Post a Comment

Cutting to the Scene with the Pixie

Ten years ago, I decided to do one of the most drastic things I had ever done to my hair. I went from a long style (below collarbone) to a p...