Saturday, October 13, 2007

Hello.. Is It Me You're Looking For?

When "Hello" by Lionel Richie came out in the 1980s, we all loved the song for about 3 minutes. And when we saw the video, thousands of girls sighed over the blind lady who was able to mold an exact replica of Lionel's head out of clay just by listening to his voice. Of course, it was a little creepy that he plays a teacher and she a student in the video.

A group of artists decided to try that experiment themselves, blindfolded:
The Hello Experiment

The music video:


HT Neatorama

1 comment:

PreppyGirl said...

That's freaking hilarious. I was watching one of those VH1 shows (I love the 80's I think) and they were talking to Lionel Richie about this video and he said he was arguing with his director/producer during the shoot about the fact that the sculpture didn't look like him, to which the director responded, "Lionel - SHE'S BLIND!"

Good stuff.

Post a Comment

Cutting to the Scene with the Pixie

Ten years ago, I decided to do one of the most drastic things I had ever done to my hair. I went from a long style (below collarbone) to a p...