Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Cold Warming

Everything I see, hear, and smell while walking around downtown Jamestown gives me the sense of being in 15 million different worlds all at once. I waited for the light to change at the corner of Third and Main Streets while cold air threatened to freeze any open passage-way into my lungs. I crossed the street as a red light and "walk" sign turned in my favor. Sunlight moved across my face as I passed from the shadow of the buildings lining the street.

NorthernExposureCalvin&HobbesHotCoffeeAlbanySpringtimeSkiing

My mind floated above me, touching the branches of the trees in the walkway. The snow squeaked beneath my feet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cutting to the Scene with the Pixie

Ten years ago, I decided to do one of the most drastic things I had ever done to my hair. I went from a long style (below collarbone) to a p...