Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Surviving Long Winter Months


Two of the things that help me get through our gray, cold winter months in Western New York are WBFO evening jazz programs and really good hot drinks. I don't care if it's an awesome cup of coffee, hot chocolate, steamed egg nog, or hot cider just as long as it's hot. Locally, Tom & Jerry's are pretty popular, but I can't get into alcoholic hot drinks. The jazz helps mostly because it reminds me of my youth. Java Joe's, yada yada yada. I reflected on the fact that as a teen I couldn't wait to get older so I could hang out in coffee shops every night, enjoying the sweet music performed by Eastman School of Music students. Fill in your favorite cliche about youth being wasted here. That's the past. I think I'll go enjoy the rest of my hot cocoa and wallow in a little Blue Train.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cutting to the Scene with the Pixie

Ten years ago, I decided to do one of the most drastic things I had ever done to my hair. I went from a long style (below collarbone) to a p...